Frequently asked questions
Why Dry Fog?
Our dry fog system is the only technology in the UK which can achieve 100% coverage within your home. This means it eradicates mould on surfaces, in the air, on furniture and even behind cavity walls. Our microbial film coats all surfaces, preventing it from coming back. Guaranteed.
Current best practice involves the use of wet fog sterilant which condenses on surfaces, meaning airborne mould spores and dangerous mycotoxins are left largely unaffected. Our patented dry fog technology condenses our sterilant to a previously unachieved molecular size. This means three things: First, it is unable to condense on surfaces and dwells in the air; eradicating the abundance of mould spores and harmful mycotoxins traditional methods can’t deal with. Second, our dry fog machine creates positive air pressure, meaning the dry fog is forced to fill the entire volume of a room or house, forcing the sterilant to dwell on every surface and object. Third, it can reach every conceivable space within your home including behind cavity walls, meaning we are able to comprehensively eradicate every last trace of mould.
Why Do I Have Mould?
80-85% of household mould is caused by condensation, which is man-made damp. Condensation causes mould to grow and once mould is visible in your home, it needs to be removed as it can be both harmful to health and destructive to property.
Mould is caused by dampness and humidity. However, there is one type of damp which is the main culprit when it comes to household mould. 80-85% of mould problems are attributed to condensation, or in other words, man-made dampness. Only 15-20% of mould problems arise from the other two categories of damp; penetrating damp and rising damp. Condensation occurs when hot air comes into contact with cold air. There are many things we do in a daily basis which causes this. Condensation occurs when moist air comes into contact with a colder surface like a wall, window, mirror etc. The air can’t hold the moisture and droplets of water are formed. It also occurs in places the air is still, like the corners of rooms, behind furniture or inside wardrobes. This moist environment is a furtile breeding ground for mould.
Can't I Just Wipe It Away Myself?
Typically, if you wipe mould down, it will aggressively spore into your airspace as a defense mechanism. Wiping mould down, even with bleach, will actually make the problem worse by increasing the volume of mould spores in your airspace.
Mould is a living organism. When it is wiped down with a cloth and a household cleaner, it simply aggrevates the mould colony. As a defence mechanism, it aggressively sends spores into your airspace. This has the unfortunate effect of worsening your mould problem as the mould spores will land on other surfaces and get into soft furnishings and clothes. In addition, it increases the level of harmful mycotoxins in your airspace. A common miconception is that bleach removes mould. However, bleaching mould simply dipigments it, creating the impression that it's gone when, in fact, it is alive and aggressively sporing into the airspace.
Is Mould Dangerous?
Mould is a category 1 risk to health, the same category as Asbestos, according to the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS). It is known to cause a wide range of health problems including respiratory problems, the exasperation of autoimmune diseases, a weakened immune system and brain fog or insomnia.
The health risks associated with household mould are arguably understated and misunderstood by the general public in the UK. According to the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS), Mould is a category 1 risk to health. This is the same category as Asbestos. The risk to health is typically contingent upon the time you’ve been exposed, the mould strains present and the density of airborne spores and mycotoxins.